Sunday, December 16, 2018
Blog Page 9445

Bruins Notes: No Rush For Kevan Miller; Zach Senyshyn Scores Four In OHL

Bruins Notes: No Rush For Kevan Miller; Zach Senyshyn Scores Four In OHL

Kevan Miller remained sidelined Wednesday night as the Boston Bruins visited the Edmonton Oilers, sitting out as a healthy scratch for the first time this season.

The 28-year-old defenseman had been medically cleared to return after missing the previous five games with a concussion, but given the Bruins won all five games in his absence, coach Claude Julien opted to keep his defensive corps intact.

“If they’re going to continue to do well, there’s no real rush,” Miller told reporters Wednesday morning, via BostonBruins.com. “At the same time, I want to get back in games and just feel it out. So, once I’m feeling pretty much back to things, we’ll go from there.”

The Bruins, who went on to lose to the Oilers 3-2 in a shootout, did not announce their starting lineup until minutes before puck drop. Miller skated during warmups, and Julien said he would have been comfortable using him if the need arose.

“He’s a guy that we feel is almost ready — could use a little bit more time, I think,” the coach told reporters Wednesday morning. “But in a pinch, I have no problem putting him in there.”

Miller has played in 17 games this season, tallying one goal and four assists.

Some additional notes from

Article source: http://nesn.com/2015/12/bruins-notes-no-rush-for-kevan-miller-zach-senyshyn-scores-four-in-ohl/

Useful Links: Swiss Watches | Watch Coupons | Coupons | Alu Foam | Security Rooms | Oldtimer | Bitcoin News

Is New Red Sox Ace David Price a Good Fit for Boston, Fenway Park?

David Price‘s path began in Tampa Bay, and has since passed through Detroit and Toronto. Along the way, he’s made five All-Star teams, won a Cy Young and has generally been awesome.

Now, the ace left-hander’s path has taken him to Boston and its humble baseball abode known as Fenway Park. The usual line of thinking says that success in those parts doesn’t come easy. And so, we must ask:

Is Price ready for this?

The Red Sox are betting big on the idea that he is. As Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe was first to report on Tuesday, Price has agreed to join the Red Sox on a seven-year contract worth $217 million. Assuming he passes his physical, the former Ray, Tiger and Blue Jay will become the richest pitcher ever.

The size of Price’s contract is no surprise. He’s coming off a 2015 season in which his 2.45 ERA netted him his second American League ERA title in four years. Overall, Baseball-Reference.com WAR puts him among MLB‘s six-most valuable starters since 2010. He’s good. Really good. $217 million good.

Hence why he appealed to

Article source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2595172-is-new-red-sox-ace-david-price-a-good-fit-for-boston-fenway-park

Useful Links: Swiss Watches | Watch Coupons | Coupons | Alu Foam | Security Rooms | Oldtimer | Bitcoin News

Obama on San Bernardino: We’ll ‘get to the bott…

President Barack Obama comments on the mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, that left more than a dozen people dead.

Dramatic video shows San Bernardino shootout

New video taken by a California resident shows the dramatic shootout between police and the two suspects involved in the San Bernardino mass shooting.

Police surround black SUV in residential area

San Bernardino police are watching a dark colored SUV. CNN’s Tom Fuentes comments on what police are potentially looking for.

Audio captures police shootout with suspects

The San Bernardino Police Dispatch has released audio of the shootout with the suspects. CNN’s Anderson Cooper reports.

Dan Gross: Our nation is being terrorized

CNN speaks with Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, about the deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino, California.

Victim’s heartbreaking phone call during shooting

Denise Peraza was shot during the San Bernardino mass shooting. Her sister talks about a phone call she received from Peraza during the shooting.

Shooting suspect’s brother-in-law: ‘I am in sho…

Two suspects in San Bernardino, California were killed after authorities say they burst into a holiday party at Inland Regional Center and killed 14 people.

EU Investigates McDonald’s Tax Deal With Luxembourg

To save articles or get newsletters, alerts or recommendations – all free.

Don’t have an account yet?

Subscribed through iTunes and need an NYTimes.com account?
Learn more »

Need to connect your Home Delivery subscription to NYTimes.com?
Link your subscription »

Article source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/business/eu-opens-inquiry-into-possible-mcdonalds-tax-breaks-in-luxembourg.html

Useful Links: Swiss Watches | Watch Coupons | Coupons | Alu Foam | Security Rooms | Oldtimer | Bitcoin News