The Latest: Victims of ex-gymnastics doctor blame university

LANSING, Mich. (AP) The Latest on sexual assault charges against former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar (all times local):

5:20 p.m.

Michigan State University says allegations that it covered up a former gymnastics doctor’s criminal sexual misconduct are ”simply false” and it is ”appalled” by Larry Nassar’s crimes.

USA Gymnastics says it is ”very sorry” any athlete was harmed by Nassar.

The institutions issued statements Wednesday after victims and their lawyers criticized their handling of Nassar, who pleaded guilty in a Michigan courtroom to molesting girls under the guise of medical treatment.

The victims and attorneys – who have sued the university, USA Gymnastics and the U.S. Olympic Committee – want an independent investigation of officials who work there. The university says its campus and the FBI investigated earlier this year, and the school has ”no reason to believe” that any employee other than Nassar committed a crime.

1:50 p.m.

Athletes who were sexually assaulted by a former gymnastics doctor say Michigan State University, USA Gymnastics and the U.S. Olympic Committee failed to stop the abuse and allowed dozens more girls to be molested.

Larry Nassar pleaded guilty Wednesday in a Michigan courtroom. Accusers and their lawyers, who have sued the institutions, spoke at a news conference afterward.

Attorney John Manly criticized an internal probe being conducted

Article source: https://www.foxsports.com/gymnastics/story/the-latest-victims-of-ex-gymnastics-doctor-blame-university-112217

Useful Links: Swiss Watches | Watch Coupons | Coupons | Alu Foam | Security Rooms | Oldtimer | Bitcoin News

NO COMMENTS