ALAMEDA, Calif. — Martavis Bryant is re-signing with the Oakland Raiders, who previously released the veteran receiver on roster cut-down day with concerns about a possible league-imposed suspension.
The deal is for one year, a source told ESPN’s Dan Graziano.
“I am just thankful and happy and excited for this weekend and the opportunity to take care of my family; it will not be taken for granted,” Bryant told ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler.
A source told Graziano that Bryant and the Raiders discussed potentially re-signing him at the time of his release and that Bryant is still in “wait and see mode” with regard to a potential suspension.
Raiders coach Jon Gruden had grown increasingly impatient with Bryant’s lack of versatility in his playbook and missed practice time in training camp due to “headaches” and said as much on Sept. 2, the day after initial 53-man rosters were turned in.